[SingCERT] Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2013
Published on Wednesday, 04 September 2013 14:10
[ Summary ]
Microsoft has released 7 security bulletins for the month of July 2013 to address vulnerabilities in Microsoft Windows, .NET Framework, Silverlight, Office, Visual Studio, Lync, Internet Explorer, and Windows Defender. These vulnerabilities could allow remote code execution or elevation of privilege.
MS13-053 addresses multiple vulnerabilities in kernel-mode drivers. Two of these have been publicly disclosed.
MS13-052 also includes multiple vulnerabilities and two are publicly disclosed.
- MS13-052 Vulnerabilities in .NET Framework and Silverlight Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2861561)
- MS13-053 Vulnerabilities in Windows Kernel-Mode Drivers Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2850851)
- MS13-054 Vulnerability in GDI+ Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2848295)
- MS13-055 Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer (2846071)
- MS13-056 Vulnerability in Microsoft DirectShow Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2845187)
- MS13-057 Vulnerability in Windows Media Format Runtime Could Allow Remote Code Execution (2847883)
- MS13-058 Vulnerability in Windows Defender Could Allow Elevation of Privilege (2847927)
Read more: [SingCERT] Microsoft Security Bulletin Summary for July 2013
Defacement of Websites
Published on Thursday, 27 June 2013 14:57
[ Summary ]
A number of Singapore websites were defaced by hackers recently. It was reported that the defacement was in protest against the outrage voiced out in Singapore in relation to the haze.
Read more: Defacement of Websites